Be aware that the Cologuard Classic, PGA TOUR Champions Golf Tournament will be in Tucson from March 3-5, 2023. ASPE has reserved a block of rooms at the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, so hotel accommodations will not be an issue as long as you make your reservations on or before February 2. The airport and traffic in the area may be busier than usual because of the golf tournament.
Tucson International Airport (TUS)
7250 South Tucson Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85756
The Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa is about 25 miles (approx. 40km) from the airport.
Ground Transportation to Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
- Rental Cars (the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa has onsite parking available)
- Cars, Limousine and Shuttle Services (the Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa does NOT have a shuttle service to and from the airport)
- App Based Ride Share Services
- Public Transit
Train and Bus Service to Tucson
Sunset Limited Amtrak (TUS)
Tucson Historic Train Depot
400 North Toole Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85701-1899
Greyhound Bus Station
801 E. 12th St.
Tucson, AZ 85719
Driving to Tucson
Interstate 10: In Arizona, I‑10 is the major east-west Interstate Highway in the United States Sun Belt, runs east from California, enters Arizona near the town of Ehrenberg, continues through Phoenix and Tucson, and exits at the border with New Mexico near San Simon. The highway also runs through the cities of Casa Grande, Eloy, and Marana.
Interstate 19: I-19 is a north-south Interstate Highway located entirely within Arizona. I-19 travels from Nogales, roughly 300 feet from the Mexican border, to Tucson, at I-10. The highway also travels through the cities of Rio Rico, Green Valley, and Sahuarita. I-19 is an oddity because it is the country’s only continuous highway that lists distances in kilometers, rather than in miles.
Information Courtesy of https://www.visittucson.org/
Weather in Tucson in Early March
The average minimum temperature in Tucson is 8.0°C (46.4°F). March is a dry month with an average of 18mm (0.7in) rain. It rains on average a total of 4 days. The average maximum daytime temperature is around 23.2°C (73.76°F). March in Tucson averages about 321 hours of sun.
- Pima Air and Space Museum
- Titan Missile Museum
- Tucson Airplane Graveyard (The Boneyard)
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Sabino Canyon Recreation Area and Sabino Canyon Tours
- Tohono Chul Park
- Saguaro National Park
- Cologuard Classic, PGA TOUR Champions Golf Tournament (March 3-5, 2023)
Arts & Cultural
Points of Interest
- The Grand Canyon is about 350 miles (568 km) from Tucson and is about a 5.5 hour drive in normal traffic.
- Montezuma Castle National Monument is about 200 miles (322 km) from Tucson and is about a 3 hour drive.
- Phoenix, Arizona is about 115 miles (185 km) from Tucson and is about a 1.75 hour drive.
- Casa Grande Ruins National Monument is about 66 miles (106 km) from Tucson and is about a 1 hour drive.
- Tombstone is about 71 mi (114 km) from Tucson and is about a 1 hour drive.
- Other Destinations in Arizona
Eating in Tucson – City of Gastronomy
The food in Tucson tells a story that dates back 4,000 years. The city’s culinary heritage is a tapestry of Mexican and Native American traditions and Tucson was named the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy in the USA.