Early Career Award
Award Description and Purpose
The ASPE benefits greatly from the infusion of energy and new ideas brought by members who are in the early stages of their career. The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding technical contributions from this group, and to encourage them to continue to be active in the Society as they build their careers.
Nominees for the ASPE Early Career Award must:
- Be an ASPE member in good standing for a minimum of three continuous years, including any years as a student member.
- Be no more than 10 years from their highest degree.
- Have made noteworthy and significant technical contributions to the art and practice of precision engineering and presented that work at one or more ASPE meetings.
- Candidates must be nominated by a current Member, Fellow, or Honorary Member of the Society. Self-nominations are not allowed.
- The Nominator must submit a completed nomination form.
- The Nominator must submit at least three letters of support. One of the support letters must be from the Nominator. The other two sponsor letters should be from ASPE Members having close familiarity with the nominee’s record. Letters from Student Members of the Society are inadmissible.
The Honors Committee will review the completed nomination packets and submit award recommendations to the Board of Directors for final approval. Award recipients will be announced at the Annual Meeting of the ASPE. Completed nomination packets must be submitted no later than April 15, 2021 to HonorsChair@aspe.net.