College of Fellows
AWARD DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
Election to the ASPE College of Fellows is a highly prestigious honor that is intended to recognize and honor those exceptional members of the Society who have made outstanding contributions to the art and practice of Precision Engineering through original research, significant innovations, education and outreach, or service to the profession.
The ASPE Constitution defines the Fellow membership grade as follows, “Those eligible as candidates for election to Fellows shall be members who have contributed to the advancement of precision engineering by significant, original research or who have rendered some other special service to its cause. Any member of the Society may nominate another member for the grade of Fellow.” Each year, new fellows numbering no more than one half of one percent of the Society membership may be elected to the College.
Nominees for the ASPE College of Fellows must:
- Be an ASPE member in good standing for a minimum of ten continuous years.
- Have at least 20 years of experience in a technological field relevant to Precision Engineering.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or technical field, or sufficient engineering practice to provide its equivalent.
- To be considered for election to the College of Fellows, members must be nominated by a current Member, Fellow, or Honorary Member of the Society. Self-nominations are not allowed.
- Prior to submitting the nomination packet, the Nominator should email the Chair of the Fellow Selection Committee at FellowNominations@aspe.net and provide the name of the proposed nominee. The Selection Committee will verify that the proposed nominee meets the eligibility requirements.
- The Nominator must submit a complete nomination packet that includes:
- Completed Nomination Form
- At least three letters of support, preferably on letterhead, detailing the nominee’s unique contributions and accomplishments. One of the support letters must be from the Nominator. The other two letters should be from Sponsors with understanding of, and preferably significant experience in, the field of Precision Engineering; and close familiarity with the nominee’s record.
Completed nomination packets must be submitted no later than May 1st, 2020 to, FellowNominations@aspe.net.