Join ASPE

Home Forums Student Teams PDF translation into German

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thukk
      Participant

Hello, please tell me, what tool for translating PDF documents do you use most often? What should I pay attention to? Thanks in advance for your answer

Tobias
      Participant

I too have faced a similar challenge and used Translate to translate german pdf to english. To be honest, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the service is really fast – I uploaded a few files, and in a few minutes I received the translations. This is convenient when you need to quickly familiarize yourself with the material. However, as you rightly pointed out, when it comes to specific terms and scientific formulations, the quality can vary greatly. For example, one of the documents I was translating contained complex concepts from the field of biology, and Translate just didn’t always catch the right context. As a result, some terms were translated word-for-word, which could end up distorting the meaning. So if you’re working with serious material, I’d recommend checking and proofreading the text after the automatic translation. As for the formatting, it’s maintained pretty well, but there were still times when I had to manually fix line breaks and paragraph breaks to make it look neat. In general, I think that for a quick familiarization Translate is suitable, but for more in-depth work with texts it is better to consider manual checking or even hiring a professional translator. Anyway, if you have time, spend it on editing the translation – it’s worth it. Good luck with your project!

Evan
      Participant

Thanks for your tips, they are really helpful. I’m using Translate too, but only for small texts so far. Sometimes I get mixed results, but as you noticed, after checking and editing the final result is much better.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.