Submit Short Abstract
2022 Summer Topical Meeting – Advancing Precision in Additive Manufacturing – July 11-15, 2022
Submitted short abstracts are intended for committee review and not publicly available (released). Extended abstracts are included as part of the conference proceedings published the week of the conference when they are made available to all attendees.
- Prepare your short abstract using this TEMPLATE(docx). The short abstract template contains brief, but very detailed instructions on how to format the short abstract. Please take a few moments to read these instructions. The short abstract should not exceed two pages.
- Once you have prepared your short abstract in your word processing software, covert the document into a PDF file. The PDF file size should not be more than 10MB. Please double check to make sure that all special symbols and the format detailed in the template were converted appropriately to PDF. Ensure that you did not include page numbers, headers, footers or footnotes in your abstract.
- You are now ready to submit your short abstract via the ASPE online submission portal. If you are an ASPE member or a returning user to the ASPE submission site, log in to the portal. If you are a new user, create a user profile so that you can submit your short abstract. Follow the prompts to start your submission.
- Have the following items ready when you log in to the site: a) the PDF abstract that you created using the short abstract template, b) the title of your short abstract, c) the topical or technical area of your abstract d) the submission type of your abstract (i.e. for oral presentation, poster presentation or both), e) co-authors names and affiliations.
- Once you have uploaded and click the “Submit Short Abstract” button, you will then be directed to add the co-authors. Each co-author will also receive a confirmation email with your contact information and their login information. All co-authors have read only access unless you assign a co-Author to be a presenter. Presenters have Read/Write access.
- Make a note of your abstract ID. You will also receive an e-mail confirming the submission of your short abstract and the abstract ID.
- April 1, 2022: Deadline for short abstract submissions.
- April 15, 2022: Notification of the results of the selection committee.
- June 1, 2022: Deadline for submission of the final extended abstract for publication in the conference proceedings