ASPE Winter 2020 – Precision Micro-Nano
Thursday January 16 – Friday January 17, 2020.
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas, USA
Michael Cullinan, University of Texas at Austin
Robert Panas, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Meeting Agenda
- Hotels and Transportation
- Campus Map & Parking Information
- Lightning Slide Submission Information
The closest major airport to Austin, Texas is Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS / KAUS). This airport is 12 miles from the center of Austin, TX. If you’re looking for international or domestic flights to AUS, check the airlines that fly to AUS.
The American Society for Precision Engineering Micro-Nano Technical Leadership Committee (ASPE MNTLC) is planning our second spring conference to gather the community. We view micro-nano precision engineering as engineering with a focus on determinism in resolving or exploiting small-scale dependent issues and physics. The specific focus on micro-nano will help this small community share their work and find others with relevant problems and solutions via a conference structure specifically designed to facilitate networking. This event will focus on connecting precision micro-nano engineering experts in different areas. The conference will draw on academics, industrial experts and members of national labs. We believe each group will be able to find value in the conference as noted below.
• Industry – identify emerging technologies, hiring pipeline, identify new customers for micro/nano products, product needs from customers
• Academia – Identify new research directions and funding support, field trends
• National Labs – Access to emerging technology, collaborators, hiring pipeline, introduction to new products, communication of new needs to vendors
The conference will be carried out at the Commons Conference Center at the University of Texas at Austin on January 16 and Friday January 17. We are eager to gather up members who will present work on precision micro and nanomanufacturing systems, with special focuses on metrology for micro and nanomanufacturing, new micro and nano additive manufacturing technologies, scale up of production of micro and nanotechnologies, and the design, fabrication and manufacturing of new quantum technologies. We will be using the highly successful short presentation schedule developed for the first conference. The pre-conference socialization will be combined with tours of the NASCENT Center at the University of Texas at Austin and a welcoming dinner on Thursday evening. The conference will kick off Friday morning, with an opportunity for each attendee to present on their group’s focus during lightning sessions, interspaced with featured presentations. This will provide all attendees the ability to sample the state-of-the-art and identify connections to follow up on during the afternoon open poster session, including vendors, academics and national laboratory members. A round-table discussion on Friday afternoon about future directions of Micro-Nano community interest and the new conference structure will close out the conference.
The important dates are:
- Deadline for lightning slide submission: Extended to January 10, 2020
- Tour, poster/demonstration space: Dec 15th, 2019
- Deadline for early bird registration: Dec 15th, 2019
- Confirm presenters for 15 min presentations (6): Dec 20th, 2019
- Deadline for non-presenter attendee registration: On-site registration, Jan 16th, 2020
If you will have a display and need to ship items prior to the event, please use the address below:
Commons Conference Center
c/o ASPE Winter Meeting
10100 Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78758
Please do not send packages that will arrive more than 3 business days prior or the venue will be unable to accept the shipment.
The venue cannot arrange for items to be shipped. Items need to be taken with you when you depart or schedule a pickup Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 am – 4 pm.